- 1 bag of cranberries (12oz-1lb)
- 1/2 c water
- 2/3 c granualted sugar
- 1 t The Killer Cook's Scarlett Beegonias or The Killer Cook's Punk Rub
- 2 t grated orange zest
- 1/4t saigon cinnamon or 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/8 t kosher salt
- Place a non reactive medium sauce pan over medium high heat
- Add the water, sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, salt and spice blend to the pan,bring to boil
- Add cranberries, return to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove cinnamon sticks if using, Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups.