1 lb ground beef
1 medium head of green cabbage
1 onion, diced
1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
1 1/2 C chicken stock
1/2 C uncooked jasmine rice
1/2 C light brown sugar
1T olive oil
4t Everything Rub divided (1T+1t)
1/4t Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350° F
1. Heat olive oil in small sauce pan, add onions & 1 t Everything Rub.
Cook over medium-low heat until translucent. Set aside to cool.
2. Bring half pot of salted water to boil. Place cored head of cabbage cut side down in boiling water. Cover and steam 3-5 min. Remove from pot and place onto rimed sheet pan to cool.
3. Sauce: Combine Scarlet Beegonias, stock, 1t ketchup, sauce, and 1/4 cup cabbage water whisk untill combined over medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Filling: Combine the cooked onions with raw beef, 1t Eveything rub, rice, egg, 2 t ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Season to taste with S&P
5. Preparing the rolls: Using the inner cabbage leaves, place 1/3 cup of filling in an oval shape 1/4 inch from the rib edge of each leaf, fold over the sides of the leaves, roll tucking as you go with your finger tips.
6. Coat the bottom of a 10x15 glass pan with sauce. Place the rolls in the pan seam side down, and then pour the sauce over the rolls till they are half way submereged. Sprinkle with the remaining Everything Rub, cover the rolls with the outer leaves, then cover with foil. Bake 1 hrs untill tender and internal temp is at least 165°F
*7. Remove foil and outer leaves. In a seprate glass, mix 1T of cornstarch with 1T of the liquid the cabbage rolls' have cooked in till combined compleately. Add the slurry back to the sauce between the rolls, stiring well to combine. Recover with leaves and cook for an additional 20 minutes or untill the sauce has reached the desired consistancy.
*This is an optional step to create a richer thicker sauce.
Serve as an entree or an appetizer for an authentic old world experience.